Despite the huge differences that all social media platforms have, they do have one thing in common: their purpose to connect. Social media allows people and businesses to connect with other people from all over the world.
You should be taking every opportunity to promote your business online. Instagram has now got over 500 million active users, any of whom could chance upon your page and take notice.
It doesn’t matter what product or service your business offers, it can be advertised through images and/or videos, and in this digital age you should take it by the horns and use it to your advantage.
You may already have a Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or other social media site account for your business. If so, make sure to connect and link them on your Instagram profile, and vice versa. Craft for yourself a whole online community spanning multiple websites where people can find you.
Using Your Instagram
Instagram can be a tricky site to master since it is almost entirely images. What you choose to post under your business’ profile will affect how any potential customer sees you.
It’s recommended to find someone who knows how to work images and make them eye-catching, maybe a professional photographer or advertiser, who can make posts on your Instagram for you that relate to your business.
When on social media, hashtags are your best friend. Anyone who searches a hashtag you put on your post will find your post, so try to fit in popular hashtags as much as you can. Match the tags you use on your other social media sites too.
There is a multitude of tips you should keep in mind in order to keep your audience entertained:
- Have a balance of fun images/videos and serious business ones. You should show your followers that while you are a successful and hard-working business, you also can be fun and make their timelines more enjoyable.
- Don’t post too often, or you’ll be drowning out people’s timelines and they might unfollow you.
- Make your username on Instagram the same as the one on your Twitter, and use the same profile image across all your social media so you’re instantly recognizable. It’s best to use the company logo.
- Make it beneficial to people that they follow you! Share exclusive information on your Instagram and behind-the-scenes pictures that your followers will see and feel like a part of your community.
How to Make Your Followers Insta-Happy
Be active on Instagram. Follow some of the people who followed you on Twitter (a lot of people use the same username for both) and follow any people who you notice like and comment on all your pictures.
Also follow other businesses, and like and comment on other people’s photos to get your name out there. People enjoy being noticed.
Be sure to interact with people who comment on your photos/videos. Reply to questions and thank people for compliments and do the occasional follow spree of followers.
Most importantly, while your Instagram and other social media sites do reflect you as a business, don’t take it too seriously or stress too much. Your pages should feel relaxed and be inviting so don’t be afraid to show your human side.
Share photos of your employees at work, or mention how it’s someone’s birthday, or that someone has been working at your company for 30 years. Your followers are people, and people appreciate being appreciated and seeing others being appreciated.
Positive stories that make people smile when they see them will improve your business’ reputation online, and create an uplifting presence on your Instagram.
Latest posts by BlackBeech (see all)
- 3 Organic SEO Principles for Campaign Success - October 16, 2017
- Content Curation Tips To Wow Your Readers - October 16, 2017
- Tips to Boost Your Email Marketing Campaign in New Zealand - October 13, 2017